Wildrunner is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join a small and dedicated team, at the fore-front of trail running in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Event Manager
Job description: Manage all aspects of Wildrunner events, from pre-event logistics and operations, to on-the-day event setup & management, and post-event reporting and accountability. This position is a physically and mentally demanding role that requires sound planning and administration, coupled with complex on-the-day people and logistical management.
Applicants with prior event management and/or co-ordination experience, as well as pro-active decision-making capacity will be given preference. Broad-based life-experience is highly beneficial and may super-cede qualifications.
You would be joining a small, intensely passionate team and would need a positive, problem-solving, initiative-taking attitude. Willingness and ability to travel is essential.
Event Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- All event administration from initial planning to completion and post-event. This includes:
- Pre-event application documentation, venue booking, logistical planning, disaster management, staffing etc.
- Co-ordinate the set-up of event venues & mark courses
- Manage crew and all logistics for running of event
- Post-event wrap up including writing race reports, crew payments etc.
- Manage client and sponsor relationships
- Working to, and revising, event-by-event budget and post-event accountability and financial reporting
- Following standard operating procedures and further refining those processes.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including advanced excel
- Must be highly organised and be able to follow tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s licence
- Trail runner/runner
- Tertiary education
- Ability to drive an event trailer and 4x4
Remuneration subject to experience and qualifications and will be discussed during interview stage.
Applications: Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday 24 November 2017
If you do not receive a reply by end-of-work day on Monday 1st December 2017, please accept that your application has not been successful.